Since 2012, ECCO, in association with Blenheim Capital, has developped a relevant training program in the field of offset. The Countertrade & Offset Academy is an Executive Training Program spread over 5 days and taught by both offset practitioners and qualified academic professors.
NEXT SESSION: 9th – 13th October 2017
Download the 2017 brochure Download registration form
Advanced Business Program
Key program features
- Examine the role of governments, diplomacy and multi- and bi-lateral agreements in international trade and offsets as vehicles for transfers of technology
- Review the historical background of offsets and their use to reduce economic or social shortcomings
- Look at key industries impacted by offsets (Defence, Energy, Transportation & Infrastructure)
- Learn to build offset contracts and clauses for different types of offsets (direct, semi-direct, indirect)
- Define optimal internal structure to manage offsets and employ effective obligor marketing strategies
- Basic principles of offset management
- Worldwide legal context and contractual aspects
- Legal business case made by ECCO
- Different kinds of offsets
- Panorama of offsets worldwide
- Offset practical exercise
- Valuation of technology and intangibles
- Understanding Customer needs
- Financial engineering
- Technology transfers
- Approach of localisation (local content, relocation)
- Offset and ethics compliance
- Business cases
An innovative and appealing program with a mix of academic perspective and business approaches. At least one third of the learning time is managed by business professionals and offset experts. The learning dynamics largely rely on workshops and business cases and the program concludes with a business simulation.
After completion of the registration form, participants will receive a proforma invoice for 50 % of the applicable fee (payable within 30 days – see fees below). The remaining 50 % will have to be paid within 30 days of the course start date.
- Early birds (until 30th June 2017): 4600 euros
- Normal registration (until 15th September 2017): 5400 euros
- Late registration: 6000 euros
- Early birds (until 30th June 2017): 3500 euros
- Normal registration (until 15th September 2017): 4000 euros
- Late registration: 4200 euros
The Countertrade and Offset Academy will take place at the heart of Europe’s largest business centre, La Défense in Paris, France.
Participants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel, accommodation and meals not included in the program.
Download registration form now